An architectural planter is a large, outdoor planter that is often used to hold plants or flowers. They are typically made from a range of materials like stone, metal, or concrete, but here at CDM Vietnam (CDM), we strongly believe our fiberglass products are the best quality and provide the best form, function, and beauty for any home or commercial setting.
They can also be found in a variety of sizes and shapes, which adds both form and function to an outdoor space. Perfect as indoor planters, a focal point, or as a way to add a pop of color, they are hugely popular across a variety of settings and different spaces.
As one of the most trusted brands in the industry, CDM’s proven track record of pairing planters with different architectural styles, we are on hand to boost your space. Let’s take a closer look at architectural planters and how CDM’s products blend exquisitely with a range of settings.
Why You Should Use Architectural Planters
Architectural planters have a whole host of potential benefits and can:
- Help to break up a large, open space and add visual interest. They can also be used to define a space or to create privacy.
- Add interest to an outdoor space with color and texture
- Provide privacy or screening by functioning as a barrier or divider between spaces
- Increase the curb appeal of a property
When choosing an architectural planter, it is important to consider the size and shape of the space where it will be placed, as well as the type of plants or flowers that will be placed inside.
Check out these indoor or outdoor planter articles if you’re unsure which one to go for!
4 Ways To Make Your Planter Complement Your Architectural Style
By considering the following you will be able to make your planter complement a particular architectural style:
Consider a brightly colored and contrasting planter if you want to make a bold impact. For example, a big and glossy orange planter would look great in front of a modernist building. If you want your planter to blend in with the architectural style, then you may want to choose a more subdued color. A more rustic clay pot might be suited to a country cottage, for instance.
This has a big impact on a space, and it is important to choose the correct shape for your space. For example, rectangular or square planters tend to be more traditional, while curved or circular planters can add a more modern touch.
Different materials work well with different spaces. If you want a planter that will complement a brick home, you may want to choose a terracotta or clay planter, whereas for a more traditional home, you may want to consider a wooden planter. For most homes, especially modern ones, fiberglass planters are the ideal choice because of their sleek and contemporary designs, and easy maintenance and lifespan.
4. Intended use
If you want your planter to function as a privacy screen or a focal point, then bigger planters and bold designs are better. If, however, it is to simply add some color and texture to your outdoor space, then smaller planters will work fine. And whether you choose to make your planter a flower pot or an accent, it is important to know the use of your planter so you know how much or little maintenance is required.
3 Ways CDM’s Pots Improve And Complement Different Architectural Styles
Here at CDM Vietnam, we have a whole host of products to suit different architectural styles. Let’s take a closer look at 3 different designs, and how they can be used to complement your space and style!
1. Rectangular planters
Simple and elegant, rectangular planters complement several different architectural styles. Their clean lines and simple shape make them an ideal focal point or way to add interest to an outdoor space.
So, whether you’re looking to boost a Georgian-period property or a new-build office, CDM Vietnam has a wide variety of rectangular planters that are sure to meet your needs and complement your home’s style.
In terms of aesthetics, they can be placed against a wall or in the corner of a room to create an eye-catching display. For a more modern look, choose a brightly colored rectangular planter that contacts with the surrounding furnishings.
As a large planter, rectangular shapes are ideal ways to provide privacy or screening in a low-key and subtle way, increase the curb appeal of a property, or function as a barrier or divider.
Fortunately, we have a whole range of rectangular sizes here at CDM suitable for your taste and budget!
2. Circular Planters
Circular planters are versatile and work well with a variety of architectural settings. They fit well in gardens, patios, decks, and porches, and can improve a space by adding interest, creating a focal point, and adding color and texture.
In terms of architectural styles, circular pots complement minimalist and modern designs best, especially when they are a focal point of a space. The circular shape can help to create a sense of harmony and balance across most settings, as long as the pot is kept in proportion to the space. Here are some tips to help circular pots blend seamlessly into a space.
- If you have a large space, consider using multiple small pots instead of one large pot. This will help to fill the space without making it look too busy.
- If you want to add some interest or contrast, consider using a pot with a different shape. For example, a square pot would look nice next to a circular one.
- Use plants that have similar or little watering needs. This will make it easier to care for them, and you won’t have to worry about one plant getting too much or not enough water. Some ideas include succulents, cacti, or ferns.
Their versatility makes them a good choice for both indoor and outdoor use. Circular pots can work well when they are:
- Placed on the ground
- Hung from a ceiling
- Used as a table centerpiece
- Used to accentuate a particular feature in your home, such as a fireplace or a piece of furniture
- Used outdoors to add a touch of style to your garden or patio.
Fortunately, CDM Vietnam has a large number of fiberglass circular planters that are durable and easy to clean.
3. Square Pots
A classic choice, square pots can work well with many different architectural styles, including traditional, contemporary, and even country-style homes. They have a simple, clean-lined look that can be dressed up or down to suit your taste.
Here are some ideas to spark your creativity both indoors and outdoors:
- If you have a more traditional home, ornate square pots can help to create a stately look. If you have a modern home, you might want to choose a sleek, minimalist pot.
- For a more modern take on square pots, you can also try using them in a contemporary setting, where their clean lines will help add texture. For the best results, go for a sleek, minimalist pot that works best in modern settings.
- Square pots can also be used outdoors to create different looks. Try planting herbs, cacti or small shrubs and flowers in your square planters to add colour to your patio or deck.
- Keep in mind when choosing plants, you want to make sure the pot is big enough for the plant’s root system, but not so big that the plant looks dwarfed.
- Use them to create a more formal look in your garden by lining them up along a path or driveway.
Whatever way you choose to use them, square pots from CDM are sure to add a touch of elegance to any setting!
Add The Finishing Touch To Your Architectural Style With A Stylish Planter From CDM!
Be it for landscape architects or just looking to improve aesthetics, choosing a different-shaped pot is sure to improve any space. And with the sheer number of designs at CDM, you are bound to find a stylish planter to boost your landscape. With summer in full bloom, give yourself the chance to showcase your beautiful display of plants in the best light with a new architectural planter.
We hope this guide has given you all the information you need, but if there are still some unanswered questions, our blog is at hand to answer them.
As a planter manufacturer, we know how important plant containers are and want to help you meet the needs of your customers. We know that costs and quality are the most important factors, that’s why we chose Vietnam to manufacture our pots.
Contact us to learn more about the exciting opportunities and value we can deliver!