- 1. Why Do Commercial Spaces Benefit From Indoor Plants?
- 2. What Are The Best Shapes And Designs For Indoor Planters?
- 3. What Are The Best Materials To Use For Indoor Plant Pots?
- 4. The Best Colors For Indoor Plant Pots
- 5. What Is The Best Size For An Indoor Plant Pot?
- Give Your Commercial Space A New Look!
When it comes to choosing the best pots for indoor plants, there are many factors to consider. From size and color to design and shape, it’s important to get the right indoor pot for your space. Creative Design Manufacturing Vietnam(CDM) is on hand to ensure you find the perfect one for any home or office. Let’s take a closer look at our guide to indoor plants, so you make the right choice for your space!
1. Why Do Commercial Spaces Benefit From Indoor Plants?
Offices, restaurants, cafes, hotels, retail and other indoor spaces all stand to benefit from indoor plants. Just a few indoor plants can markedly improve your space, and some benefits of having indoor plants in commercial areas are that they can:
- Improve the overall aesthetic and feel of the space
- Make the space more inviting and welcoming for customers and employees
- Help to purify the air and indoor environment
What’s just as important as plants is the pot they live in. From ensuring long term growth and flourishing in your plants to getting the right color, there are many things to consider when buying your indoor pots. Let’s take at them now!
Check out the vast array of planters available at CDM!
2. What Are The Best Shapes And Designs For Indoor Planters?
The best shape for indoor plant pots for commercial may vary depending on the type of pot, the size and type of plant, and the overall design of the room.
Oval and rectangular
Restaurants can benefit from oval or rectangular planters because they take up less space, they can be placed in corners or along walls, and they are easier to clean. They are also easy to water and don’t need as much drainage as round pots. They should be at least 12 inches deep and 18 inches wide and glazed to prevent the pot from absorbing moisture from the soil.
A good indoor plant pot design for hotels is those that are tall and slender. This allows for the plants to take up less space and still look full and healthy. Additionally, these types of pots are easier to water and maintain.
Office spaces can benefit from pots that are wider at the top than the bottom, like a fluted planter. This allows for better drainage and prevents water from pooling at the bottom of the pot. Pots that are too small can also be a problem as they can become overcrowded and cramped, preventing the roots from getting the oxygen they need to breathe.
The best shape for indoor plant pots for retail stores is round because they take up less space and can be placed closer together on shelves. Square pots are also popular because they are stackable and easy to store. Pots that are too tall or too wide can be difficult to place on shelves, and pots that are too small can tip over easily.
Keep in mind it’s important to:
- Choose a color and finish that complements the plants you’re growing and the space you have available.
- As a general rule, hanging pots are great for small plants that don’t require a lot of watering; window sill pots are perfect for herbs and other plants that need more light, and countertop pots are ideal for larger plants that need more space to grow.
- Have a pot design that is easy to clean and maintain, with a smooth surface that can be wiped down easily. Good drainage holes, a well-designed drip tray and an inner pot can help your pots and surrounding areas stay tidy.
- Consider the overall design of the room. Modern-style rooms suit a pot with clean lines and a simple shape, whereas more traditional-styled rooms pair better with more intricate details and a more complex shape.
3. What Are The Best Materials To Use For Indoor Plant Pots?
The material of the pot is also important because it affects how much water the plant will need and how often you’ll need to water it. There are various types of material to consider, including:
Terracotta and ceramic pots
A clay pot made from ceramic or terracotta is usually an attractive choice. Ceramic and terracotta pots come in a wide variety of colors and styles, and they’re also relatively inexpensive, making them a good option for budget-conscious businesses. Some more pros are that they:
- Are porous, which means that they allow the soil to breathe and the roots to grow properly.
- Store moisture well, which helps to keep the plants hydrated.
- Can be made in a variety of different shapes and sizes, making them perfect for any type of plant.
- Are typically very durable, meaning that they will last for years with proper care.
- Are often quite beautiful, adding a touch of elegance to any room.
However, while ceramic and terracotta pots are classic and stylish, keep in mind they can be heavy and breakable. So, make sure you have a sturdy surface to place them on.
Another popular choice for indoor plants, plastic pots are easy to move and clean, which is important in a commercial setting. They are also:
- Good as a short-term or stop-gap option as an indoor pot
However, some drawbacks of plastic plant pots are that they may not be as durable as other materials, and they can discolor over time. Plastic plant pots may also blow away in strong winds if left on a windowsill.
Durable and modern-looking, metal pots can also stand out for their elegance. They are also:
- Durable lasts long and can be reused multiple times.
- Aesthetically pleasing, can complement the look of your home
However, they can get very hot in direct sunlight, which can damage plants and anyone moving the pots, so it’s best to keep them in cooler areas. They can also be more expensive than other materials, and they can be difficult to move around, so they may not be the best choice for businesses that need to change their layout frequently.
Fiberglass planters are an ideal choice for businesses that want to add a touch of style and sophistication to their space without having to spend a lot of money or time on upkeep.
- They are lightweight, durable, and weather-resistant. Fiberglass plant pots are also easy to clean and maintain.
- They are an excellent choice for both indoor and outdoor use.
- They are perfect for plants that require a lot of sunlight, as they will not fade or deteriorate in direct sunlight.
- They are a good choice for plants that require little or no water, as they are extremely drought tolerant.
- Fibreglass plant pots are an excellent way to add style and flair to any home or office. They come in a variety of colors, sizes, and styles to match any décor.
Initially, fibreglass planters tend to be expensive; however, because of their high quality and ability to stand the test of time, we believe they are worth every cent!
Whatever pot material you go for, take into account its benefits and drawbacks, so you can choose the right material for your needs.
Check out the vast array of fiberglass planters available at CDM!
4. The Best Colors For Indoor Plant Pots
The best colors for indoor planters are those that will complement your décor and make a statement. There are many colors to choose from, so it is important to select the one that will work best in your space. Color is a personal preference and often dependent on the space, but here are some pointers to consider:
For office spaces, green and white are recommended as they bring a sense of life and growth into the space.
The best color indoor plant pots for hotels are those that complement the existing décor and add a touch of style and elegance to the space. White, cream, black, grey, or earth tones should work for most hotel lobbies and spaces, whereas brighter colors like red or orange work better for more modern and contemporary designs.
For restaurants and cafes, lighter colors will help to reflect light and make the space appear brighter. Darker pots can make a space feel smaller and more closed off, which may be appealing also.
Neutral colors like cream, grey and beige generally work best for retail stores. Pastel colors are also good choices as they help add a touch of color to the store without being too overbearing.
Here are some more tips to keep in mind:
- If you are looking for a dramatic and formal look, consider a black or white planter
- For a more subtle and understated look, try pastel colors
- Use light colors if you are trying to grow flowers or vegetables since this will help attract more pollinators like bees.
- Some plants do better in certain colors of pots. For example, cacti and succulents often do well in bright colors such as pink or purple.
- If you are not sure what type of plant you would like to put in your pot, consider a neutral color such as brown or tan. This will allow you to change your mind later on without having to buy a new pot.
Once you have selected the perfect color for your indoor planter, it is important to take care of it. Be sure to water your plants regularly and fertilize them as needed. With a little care, your planter will last for years to come.
Interested in buying a planter, but unsure of what design or size? Contact us and we’ll be right on hand to help!
5. What Is The Best Size For An Indoor Plant Pot?
The best size indoor plant pot depends on the type of business, the amount of foot traffic, and the size of the space. Here are some pointers:
- For a small business with limited foot traffic, a small pot that can be placed on a table or countertop is sufficient.
- For a larger business with more foot traffic, a larger pot that can be placed on the floor is necessary.
- The size of the pot should also be proportional to the size of the space; a large pot in a small space will look out of place, and a small pot in a large space will get lost.
- The pot should be functional for the business and complement the space, not overwhelm it.
The size of the pot you choose for your indoor plant also depends on a few factors related to the plant itself. Most important is the plant size. Remember: large plants like tall perennials, vines, shrubs or trees need large pots, and small plants like herbs need small pots. Too big, and you are wasting money, potting soil and space; too small, and you risk stunting the plant. Here are some more tips to be mindful of:
- Generally, most plants will be ok with a pot that is 5 gallons, or 12 inches in diameter, or 1 gallon of soil per foot of plant height.
- The container should be twice as wide and deep as the root ball for adequate growth.
- The type of plant you are growing. Some plants need to be in large indoor plant pots to accommodate their root systems, while others do just fine in smaller pots.
- How often do you plan on watering your plant? Plants that need to be watered more frequently will need a larger pot so that the roots have room to grow.
- The amount of light your plant needs. Some plants need full sun, while others can do just fine in low-light conditions.
- The following guide may be useful in helping you choose the right sized indoor pot:
When choosing a pot for your indoor plant, it’s important to consider all of these factors to ensure that your plant will thrive. If you’re not sure what size or material of pot is best for your plant, contact us, or ask a local nursery employee or gardening expert. They can help you choose the right pot based on the plant’s needs.
Give Your Commercial Space A New Look!
Whether it’s an office or a hotel lobby, almost every business space can benefit from an indoor pot plant. Choosing the right pot and plant can be difficult, so it’s important to consider everything from the color schemes and type of plant to the size and budget available.
Get it right, however, and your indoor space will have a touch of class that will last for years to come!
We hope this guide has given you all the information you need, but if there are still some unanswered questions, our blogis at hand to answer them. As a planter manufacturer, we know how important plant containers are, and we are here to help you meet your customers’ needs. We know that costs and quality are the most important factors, that’s why we chose Vietnam to manufacture our pots.