Vietnam CDM Supplies Planters For Commercial And Residential Public Space Developers
Pairing an outdoor planter with a public space is a match made in heaven with numerous health benefits for the community, local ecosystem, and environment.
For landscape architect companies who get contracts to develop greenery in cities and urban areas, it’s essential that they have a large collection of planters on hand to meet a range of demands. But with so many options to supply, it’s hard to know what city planners actually want, or what the public need.
Let’s take a closer look at our guide on public planters and how to make the best choice!
What Are Public Space Planters?
Public space planters are plant containers that are placed in public spaces for decorative or functional purposes.
Outdoor planters can be used to display flowers, plants, and other greenery in public spaces such as parks, plazas, and sidewalks.
Outdoor planters can also be used to provide privacy, shade, or wind protection in outdoor areas and can be considered decorative street furniture.
They come in a variety of styles and are made from different materials such as ceramic, metal, plastic, or wood.
However, the best material is fiberglass, as it is strong enough to withstand outdoor weather conditions, and its aesthetic performance lasts for years.
What Are The Benefits Of Public Space Planters?
Public space planters offer a number of benefits for both people and the environment.
- Outdoor planters can increase the aesthetic appeal of public spaces, making them more inviting and enjoyable to spend time in.
- Outdoor planters can create a sense of place and identity for a community or neighborhood, and they also make a great place to add a pop of color and culture to the public realm.
- Outdoor planters can provide environmental benefits by helping to improve air quality and reduce noise pollution. They can also help to cool the air in urban areas by shading sidewalks and other surfaces.
- Additionally, pots and containers can provide homes for birds, insects, and other wildlife and increase the biodiversity in the area.
What Are The Best Shapes And Styles For Public Space Planters?
The best shapes for public planters are rectangular and square. Let’s have a look at why!
- Rectangle planter pots are a good choice for larger spaces like public areas. They provide more space for plants to grow and offer a clean look that can be easily incorporated into any design. They also offer more planting area than cylinder pots and can be placed against a wall or fence, or flush against seating areas.
- Square planter pots are also a great option for large spaces, such as yards and gardens. They provide the most planting area of any shape and can be placed on any level surface.
- Round planter pots are very pretty and are great at creating a balance in texture from the hard lines of other hardscape elements like street furniture and walkways.
As public planters are usually bigger and placed outside, it is best to use materials that are easy to clean that can withstand bad weather conditions. With a square or rectangular fiberglass planter from Vietnam CDM, you’ll find the long-lasting quality and style you need.
You should generally avoid smaller size round planters or tall planters for public spaces for the following reasons:
- There is less space for plants to grow, meaning you may have to buy more of them, or else the planter will feel too small for the landscape.
- There is less surface area touching the ground making the pot potentially unstable and more accident-prone in strong winds and poor weather.
Find your perfect outdoor planter with our guide!
What Are The Best Materials For Public Space Planters?
There is a range of planter types that are popular in public spaces. Let’s take a look at them now!
- Containers that are made from durable materials such as concrete, stone, or metal are ok for public places because they can withstand the elements, however, these pots can look unprofessional with the exception of corten steel planters.
- Pots that are made from natural materials such as wood or bamboo are also popular choices for green spaces because they provide a warm and inviting atmosphere. However, natural materials can be more challenging to maintain than other materials and are more suitable for home gardens.
- You should not use plastic for public spaces, as it will fade and crack after a short time. Plastic planters are better suited as a short-term option or for simple home gardening.
- Overall, fiberglass offers the best quality and protection against the elements, while also having a sleek and modern aesthetic perfect for public spaces. They require little maintenance, saving your clients money over the long term.
Learn more about why your customers need fiberglass materials for their pots and the exciting opportunities this offers you!
What Should You Consider Before Installing Planters In Public?
There are many things to keep in mind before buying a public space planter. Let’s take a closer look:
- The size of the planter should be appropriate for the space where it will be placed so make sure you can offer a wide range of sizes to meet the specifications of the project.
- The shape of the planter should complement the space. Landscapers often have to deal with various design elements within one project location whether exterior or interior, so the best solution is to have a variety of pot designs on hand.
- The planter material should be durable and weather-resistant. Some materials can seem ideal but are not the best option. For instance, plastic, can crack or fade over time, and others, such as metal, can rust. Fiberglass, however, is the perfect choice as it is resistant to damage and outdoor conditions.
- The type of plants you want to grow. Trees need large containers with deep root wells, whereas, flowers, shrubs, and other smaller greenery can survive in shallow pots.
- Plants in public areas need to be watered regularly. The most important thing is to choose a location that has good drainage. If the planter is placed in an area that does not have good drainage, the roots of the plant may rot or dry up. Alternatively, consider plants that are drought-tolerant or require little water.
What Colours Do Landscapers Look For When Choosing Public Space Planters?
When it comes to choosing colours for outdoor public containers, there are a few things to consider.
- First, you’ll want to think about the overall look and aesthetics needed to enhance the landscape.
- Second, you’ll need to take into account the specific location where the pot will be placed.
- And third, you’ll want to make sure that the colours you choose won’t clash with any existing features or decorations in the area.
Some good general guidelines to follow when choosing colours for outdoor public planters are to go for light and bright colours in sunnier locations, and dark and rich tones in shaded areas.
You can also experiment with different colour combinations to create an eye-catching display, but just be sure to avoid any colours that might be too jarring or clash with the surroundings.
Generally, the best colours for outdoor public planters are actually quite versatile.
- White planters can help to create a clean and fresh look
- Black planters can add a touch of sophistication
- Grey and green are also popular choices, as they can blend in nicely with most surroundings
- If you want to make a real statement, though, you can always go for a brightly coloured planter installation that will really stand out.
Not sure how to choose the best color? Read our guide to planter color theory!
How Big Should Your Public Planter Be?
Most public spaces work best with large pots that are 25 to 40 inches wide and 14- 24 inches in depth. It is important to remember that this size will vary according to how much space the plant needs and how the planter fits into the overall landscape.
However, don’t be afraid to choose an extra-large pot that can be used as a focal point. This is especially effective for businesses wanting to drive foot traffic.
Smaller size planters are often used in three sizes creating a tiered arrangement with the placement most effective in welcoming areas.
Get your sizing right with our go-to size guide for pots!
What Type Of Plants Work Well For Public Space Planters?
The best public greenery can tolerate varied outdoor weather conditions. Some good examples of hardy plants that thrive in most climates include:
- Plantain Lily
- Black-eyed Susan
- Japanese aster
When it comes to outdoor plants and trees, it’s generally better to choose native plants that stand a higher chance of thriving in the local conditions. Large plants are also a better choice, as you’ll have to buy less and, if they are big enough, they’ll provide shade and can even create new spaces for people to enjoy!
Find out how to divide different spaces using planters!
Give Your Business A Boost Today With A Vietnam CDM Fiberglass Planter!
Vietnam CDM offers the latest and highest-quality planters for any landscape – so look no further! Not only are they made with high-quality materials, but they also drastically increase the value of the property and visitors’ experience.
Fortunately, with so many different types and styles of fiberglass planters available at Vietnam CDM, we offer you an easy way to find a planter that checks all the boxes.
We hope this guide has given you some helpful information, but if there are still some unanswered questions, check out our blog for additional answers.
As a composite fiberglass planter manufacturer, we know how important plant containers are and want to help you meet the needs of your customers. We know that costs and quality are the most important factors, that’s why we chose Vietnam to manufacture our pots.